Business Continuity Checklist for Law Firms
The objectives of business continuity planning for law firms:
- To continue to represent clients competently and diligently and accommodate their immediate needs.
- To avoid missing critical business deadlines.
- To safeguard client confidentiality and communications.
- To support the firm despite reduced revenue.
- To ensure ethical business practices.
For law firms, a successful business continuity plan (BCP) isn’t just about backing up your data. It’s about implementing companywide processes that are designed to prepare your entire workforce for any number of disasters. It’s about avoiding liabilities that could arise if your BCP is outdated or incomplete. But most importantly, a successful BCP allows your firm to live up to its legal and ethical obligations to its employees and clients by continuing to operate efficiently even in the event of a disruption.